Subject: [amos-list] Help required.
From: Declan Gorman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:35:07 +0100

Hello All,
  I am hoping someone can help me out with a problem I am having with a
small project I am working on.  If anyone could help I would really
appreciate it.

  Firstly I will explain exactly what my program does......It converts
onelist.com digest emails to amigaguide.  My reason for doing this is to
submit a series of digest emails to Amiga Format for inclusion on their
cover CD
and amigaguide format is easier to handle and navigate through on any
amiga.

  The problem : I can load a digest email that contains up to 19
messages and it gets processed with no problem and the resulting
amigaguide file works perfectly.  It is only when I load a digest email
that contains 20 or more it all goes wrong.  What I can determine is
that a negative value is returned during the processing of message link
number 3, which is incorrect and causes my program to fail and
return an error.

I have attached the ascii source code and a couple of digest emails. 
One of the digest emails contains 19 messages and the other contains 25.

The following are the steps taken by my code......

The program prompts the user for a onelist.com digest email.
The number of messages in the chosen digest email is determined.
Unwanted text is removed from the digest email.
Message links are determined and added.
A header is added.
Message nodes are determined and added.
The resulting file is saved to disk.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Declan.